The University of Kansas Health System Pawnee Valley Campus is prepared and ready.
The rise of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a global, national and local concern. We want to assure our patients and the Pawnee Valley community that The University of Kansas Health System Pawnee Valley Campus is working closely with local, state and federal health officials to control spread and provide needed care.
Our top priority is keeping our patients, visitors and staff safe.
We know novel coronavirus is spread person to person; we are taking specific precautions to control the spread of the virus in our facility and community, including:
· Implementing telephone and telehealth Pawnee Valley Medical Associates clinic visits
· Reducing the number of surgical procedures by suspending elective surgeries.
· Performing temperature screenings upon entry into our facilities. We reduced points of entry to direct all arriving visitors and employees to a temperature screening station.
· Suspending nonessential specialty care appointments.
· Suspending walk-in Saturday outpatient lab and clinic visits.
· Preparing for increase in Emergency Department and acute care patients.
· Reducing to no visitors in our hospital, with few exceptions. Any visitor who has a fever or other cold or flu-like symptoms may not enter our facilities.
· Encouraging staff members to work from home if their roles and responsibilities allow it.
· Closing our cafeteria to the public and offering only grab-and-go options for our staff.
· Suspending the use of our conference rooms to external organizations or groups.